Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Premio Vico Magistretti


"simplicity is an essential quality of good design. and it is one of the most complicated things in life, because you have to take away, take away... it is the start from a precise executive and functional concept, and the designer should be able to explain over the phone why his object is designed in a certain way and how it ought to be made - so simple that it endows the object with a distinctive character." Vico Magistretti
I'm not sure if its allowed, but I cant contain my excitement, I recently received an email from the team at DesignBOOM to let me know the the chair design I submitted to their "Living simplicity in furniture design" competition, by DePadova has been shortlisted within the top 150 of 5402 entries from 98 counties. Unfortunately I can't post the design I entered...yet, but I will definitely do so when the results come out.

No comments: