Thursday, April 3, 2008

LLLLOST & Post-it Birdy


Firstly, this is a most sincere request to anyone to happens to cross paths with my blog, and is in possession of a ffffound account, from which they can invite me. I love ffffound and am llllost without an account. Please ... please find it in your graphically orientated hearts to invite me.

Anyway... The above image is a mild excursion into urban/street pixel art that I found myself doing to pass the time during a power outage at work. The idea is that I will create roughly 8x8 images with Post-Its then varnish/wheat-paste them in place. So far all I've done is the above experiment on a piece of found wood. But, urban canvas here I come. Inspired by boredom and space-invaders.
[image from my flickr]

UPADTE:


After making the above half of the post, I was browsing ffffound, and came across the red pixel image above. Its a silk screened poster available at Hybrid-Home. I thought it was cool, and relevant, so added it to my post.
[via ffffound: Apartment Therapy : Hybrid-Home]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have a hard time tracking down a ffffound invite. I posted a review of the service last summer and I get about 5 emails every week from folks desperate for an account!

One would think now that the service features advertising they'd be trying to get more people involved.. but it appears they are taking their time in bringing more users onboard. Might have something to do with (lack of) speed of the site...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
please sir said...

Great post and interesting way to pass the time. Excited to see what you come up with next!

Denise Kiggan said...

I loved your Post-it Birdy! Sometimes no electricity gives us the chance to get creative - one way or another!