Friday, July 20, 2007

Fill in the cat, Chair


"Three characters disappear from large, solid white blocks, and their absence suddenly makes them important. The resulting emptiness is filled with the user's belongings and through this action the silhouettes' meaning shifts." NEL


I came across these pieces at 72dpi (A very cool blog), I really like the way the chair and table retail their minimal shapes, whiles the silhouettes cut out the bottom provide the detail and interest. Very cool. One thing I'm not too sure about though, is how long the polystyrene retain it's shape.
Participants: Ricardo Casas, Héctor Esrawe, Emiliano Godoy, Cecilia León de la Barra, Óscar Núñez

2 comments:

Heather Moore said...

Hi Christopher
Great to have found your blog (via my comments section). You've got some terrific stuff here.
I'll investigate that Threadless idea - funny, it had never occurred to me.
Cheers
Heather

Anonymous said...

Hi there -
I love these chairs...

It's really great to see such awesome design out there! Really like your blog.